Attorney At Law
Karen A. Carver graduated from Thomas Cooley Law School and joined the State Bar of Michigan in 2014. She currently resides in Livingston County with her husband and daughter and has spent nearly her entire life within Livingston County. Karen was mentored by Neal D. Nielsen, Dennis Brewer and Thomas Matthews; three uniquely qualified attorneys with diverse legal practices. Karen advocates a variety of cases and specializes in issues that impact individuals, their families and their children. Karen is available for a free initial consultation, regardless of how long the consultation lasts.
Although Michigan does not require attorney’s to take seminars or
classes after law school, Karen has attended the following seminars and intends on
continuing studying the law:
- ICLE’s Homeward Bound 2016-2017: Site Condominiums and Land Divisions;
- ICLE’s 14th Annual Family Law Institute;
- ICLE’s 16th Annual Family Law Institute;
- ICLE’s Handling Child Custody, Child Support & Parenting Time
- ICLE’s Pre- and Post-nuptial Agreements
- Solo & Small Firm Section: Criminal Law and Procedure Basics;
- Michigan Appellate Bench Bar Conference: Shaping the Law – Tools of Advocacy and Decision Making; and
- National Business Institute: Imputed Income in Divorce
- National Business Institute: How to Get Your Social Media, Email and Text Evidence Admitted
- Administrative: Driver’s License Restoration and Appeals, Implied Consent Hearings, and Unemployment Compensation Benefits.
- Appellate Law: Divorce, Child Custody, Parenting Time, Criminal, and Civil.
- Civil: Contract Disputes, Landlord-Tenant Disputes, Property Disputes, Easement Disputes, Trespassing, and claims of Libel/Slander.
- Criminal Law: Drunk Driving, Super Drunk Driving, Driving While Impaired, Domestic Violence, Assault and Battery, Retail Fraud, Possession of a Controlled Substance, Resisting and Obstructing, and Malicious Destruction of Property.
- Family Law: Divorce actions and legal separations, Child Custody disputes, Parenting Time disputes, Child Support disputes, Spousal Support (alimony) disputes, Paternity actions, Revocation of Paternity actions, Adoption proceedings, Parental Rights proceedings, and Grandparent’s Rights disputes.
- State Bar of Michigan; 2014 – current.
- Member of the Michigan Bar Appellate Section
- Livingston County Bar Association; 2014 – current.